Monday, February 7, 2011

Beautiful

I read this a few weeks ago when it was first posted. But today it home. So Im posting this for my sister/my heart. A lot of times females especially Black females mistake their curves as a curse but I feel this post does a great job of acknowledging that they are blessings. If your skinny or full figured remember that your BEAUTIFUL :) The blog was posted by Angela Simmons

Dear Princesses,
          
           I wanted to take this time to talk to you guys about loving your body.I want you to know that its ok to have curves. Its ok to not be thin. I for a long period of time struggled with my weight and I wasn't happy. But being skinny doesn't always have to be the answer.  I decided one day that being curvy was ok. And i learned to love myself. I personally thought I was fat as a child because I was curvier than the rest of my friends.  I even at one point when I was younger thought of going the wrong way and throwing up my food. That wasn't the right way to go.  As time passed I realized that I just had a more developed body than my friends. Girls, its ok to have curves. You don't need to be thin. And if your are naturally thin thats beautiful too. As time passed I realized that being healthy was the way to be. So I made some changes. I started eating healthier and exercising. Working out helped me to tone up and feel better about myself. Girls please take care of yourself. Love your body. Don't let anyone tell you that your too fat or too skinny! As long as you know your doing the right things to your body than no one can tell you NOTHING. Embrace who you are. Be who you are. Let your beauty shine from inside. Be kind to others. Hang around positive people. Stay away from negative people.
Love you guys

No comments:

Post a Comment