Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Hypocrisy of Valentine's Day

I wanted to write this blog 13 days ago but couldn't find the correct words for my emotions. Let this be said now; I DONT have a male Valentine but I have always had my DADDY as my Valentine. This blog is going to be hitting on my true emotions about this holiday and how females let one day effect them for almost a month.

Like stated earlier I don't have a Valentine. Dwell on that; I'm not depressed, hateful of others with one, going out of my way to get one, nor do I feel as though I need one to feel more of a woman. I have noticed since February 1st that females are sad that they don't have a male to buy them things and take them out to eat on Valentine's Day. They have become obsessive with statuses and tweets concerning this issue. Throughout the month I have not seen a status that has stated "I want a man to love me the other 364 days out of the year not just on one day." I don't understand how a female can become so consume with the idea of being complete because you have have a male to take you out. In my opinion I don't need a man to buy me a bear, candy, or take me out to eat. Now I'm not a feminist or anything like that I just feel that females put too much of their happiness and power into a man. All the things that a woman wants on Valentine's Day she can provide for herself. (It's nice to recive them from men, but is that all you really want?)

Why not ask for a man to accept you for who you are and is willing to love you and your flaws? Why not want a man that can bring a smile to your face everyday without having a material possession? Why not want a man that understands you mentally, physically, and emotionally? Why not want a man that loves his mother and every other woman of importance in his life and decides to treat you with the same respect? Why not have a man that doesn't need a holiday to dictate if you deserve to be treated like a QUEEN?

Woman degrade their worth everyday by making men believe that the only way to make them happy is providing them with a bear, candy, and a meal at Red Lobster once out of the year. I'm not overly emotional about this holiday because I have someone that has shown me how a woman is supposed to be treated by a man; my Daddy. It is true that a father molds what a daughter expects in a man. I believe my views on men are based on what my father has instilled within me. I cant except anything less than my father in any man. I want a man like my father on Valentine's Day and every other day. That man is a God fearing man, a man that loves his mother and respects her, a man that knows that he is the man of the house and isn't afraid to lead or follow, a man that puts his family needs before himself, a man that would do and give anything to make sure the people around him aren't without, and last but not least a man that understands that LOVE is all that a woman needs because material possessions are only temporary happiness.

If you don't have a man on Valentine's Day don't sit in your room or home depressed posting statuses and tweets about why this holiday sucks. Instead go out with you girl friends and focus on if you would just want a man on Valentine's Day or one for everyday of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment