Saturday, February 12, 2011

Friends or Enemies

I haven't blogged my true emotions in a while. But over the last couple of the days some things have taken place that have forever changed my life. I'm not going to go in detail of every aspect but one event has taught me the importance of selecting friends and learning who is really for me.

I have never been a violent or hateful person. I see the best in everyone and ignorantly believe that no one wants to hurt me or be my enemy. This doesn't mean that I believe that everyone likes me or wants to be my friend. This just means that I wasn't raised to keep my guard up and believe that everyone is after me. Life has taught me the importance of having my guard up and there are only a selective few that are really down for me.

On Thursday, I learned that everyone wears a mask to disguise who they are and how they truly feel. By doing this, the people around you are forced to believe what really isn't. The saying that "People smile in your face" is so true. People can easily act like they like you and all the while they are hating and waiting for you to step at them the wrong way. These are the people you have to worry about. Because they are worst than angry people or your enemies, they are people the premeditate every argument, fight, and every act in life that includes you.

After, Thursday's event all I want to do is be by myself. To be honest I feel like I cant trust anyone around me. Because after a life threatening event like the one that took place on Thursday, it makes you re-evaluate your life. My mom told me something so simple today but hit home; Friends are people that you consider family or closer than family and everyone else are people you simply associate with. We have all heard this before and call people associates without little thought. But the crazy part is all of us have someone in our close circle that can be considered as an associate but call them a friend because of our other friendships. To be honest I can count on my hand who I feel are really for me. I know for a fact that people around me don't like me but never once did I feel that someone in my circle had so much hate built up towards me.

So this entry may be all over the place but the main point is to know who is for you and who your true friends are. Because it is so easy to mistake the disguised one's around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment